Defenders of The Wild Child
🏹 Mother Founded & Run
🍂 Nature Focused & Outdoors Play
🎋 Creative Skills & Second Language Initiation
BE WILD SPROUT
WildSchooling in Boulder
BE WILD SPROUT IS A WILD SCHOOL IN BOULDER, CO. Modeled like a forest school, we aim to cultivate learning through hands-on exploration of our natural environment by engaging and nurturing children’s minds, hearts and hands- thinking, feeling and doing. This physical interaction with nature helps develop the foundational skills for learning: working memory, inhibitory control and cognitive flexibility. We offer week long programs, starting at 4 years old and homeschooling enrichment education through nature exploration. We focus on allowing our kids to achieve the recommended daily outdoors free play they need to develop imagination, problem solving, and basic skills to prepare them to the outside world.
Be Wild Camp’s Mission and Guiding Principles:
- Develop children’s bodies through doing, heart through imagination and mind through free play
- Allow children to enjoy an unhurried childhood filled with wonderment
- Tune all senses and be aware of one’s feelings in nature
- Foster age appropriate development through music, nature and art
- Promote relationships that support and deepen our human connection
- Creating a lifelong love for nature
- Keeping the children connected to the wonders and importance of nature
When we infuse children’s learning with joyful moments of wonder and nature-based play, we support lifelong learners and good decision makers for the future.
The changing of the seasons and passage of time are marked with festivals inspired by worldwide traditions. Some of these events are reverent
and moving, and some are just for fun. It is often through these traditions that we build and enjoy our community. Our children will soon see our season change, and are currently preparing to honor Mother Earth through song, art and ceremony! Our WildSchool is suitable for children 4-10 years old.
Enroll for next year
Children in nature-based early learning programs may learn their letters and numbers as in any early childhood education program, however, by spending time outside every day, they’re also growing more confident, more independent, and developing a relationship with the natural world.
What Is a Wildschool?
Our philosophy is education through play based, child-directed and structured by Mother Nature’s changing seasons. Attention is payed into helping children learn how to problem solve, think critically and ask questions. We expose our children to different cultures around the world by teaching Portuguese and Spanish through song.
We offer weekly and monthly enrichment classes as part of our program! Our Sprouts will enjoy exploring the Forest with their regular daily buddies and our older pears, who attend Be Wild for Homeschooling Enrichment program. Every month, our children will also enjoy cooking, baking, gardening, theater and other special crafts.
We are a Bullying Free Community
We Learn with The Mother
Summer explorations with Be Wild Camp!
We also offer a summer camp for ages 5-10. Children will enjoy unique experiences such as nature-based parkour, circus skills, archery, wild survival skills and more! More importantly, we let children run free & Be Wild!
We answer all the Whys!
(All Day Long!)
- Why Wildschools build the best foundation for kids learning?Six Ways Nature Helps Children Learn Spending time in nature helps kids do better in school,… Read More »Why Wildschools build the best foundation for kids learning?
- Why is Be Wild Sprout Waldorf Inspired?We build our core education on outdoor learning, arts and seasonal festivals. The intimate communal nature… Read More »Why is Be Wild Sprout Waldorf Inspired?
- Why we Introduce a second language to our Musics and Games?Spanish and Portuguese- Give Them a Head Start! It’s never too early to begin learning a… Read More »Why we Introduce a second language to our Musics and Games?